Saturday 15 September 2012

Intuition

Very few people have much to say on the subject of intuition. It seems to be something that you either have or don't have, if you google the term and do some quick searching. 

This is not completely true - at least in my experience.

I have always been somewhat intuitive, but it wasn't until the past two or three years that I began to pay attention to and rely upon it. In doing so, what I considered to be the barest form of intuition expanded into something much stronger. Like any muscle, if you do not use your intuition, it will not become stronger or more sensitive. 

But what is intuition?

Intuition is a very intrinsic thing, where one knows something or gets a bad feeling about a person or area, etc. It appears when you are trying to solve problems, such as interpersonal and intrapersonal ones, and when you are trying to make important decisions. Some people experience it as a "magnetic" pull to one side, or a leaning, or even describe feeling pressure on one hand, or one side of their forehead, etc. Others experience intuition in term  of temperature when, say, trying to decide between two different stones; the one you should get feels warmer than the other for no discernable reason. In terms of situations which could  have serious or life-threatening results, some people describe an overwhelming feeling of dread, or anxiety, or even nausea which forced them to make a safer decision. 

Similarly, handling objects which have "imprints" or are sacred to another person - with that person's permission- can give you a sense of how intuitive you are. I, for example, connect quite quickly to things such as knives and swords - I can tell if they would be "friendly" with me or if they don't like me, usually by how comfortably they feel in my hands and whether or not I get a feeling of sudden discomfort. Likewise, as a test a friend gave me his yak bone mala, which he uses to pray to/meditate upon his Patron. My reaction was one of curiosity, then mild discomfort as I realized that I should not be handling such a thing and needed to give it back right now. There was no sense of panic or of being threatened, of course, but merely a sense that I was handling something I shouldn't have been and it was not proper to continue doing so.

Not everyone uses their intuition - indeed, some fail to even acknowledge that it exists- and not everyone is particularly sensitive. I would be wary of those who claim to be extremely intuitive and empathetic - sometimes these people are legit, but a lot of the time they turn out to be fluffy bunnies. 

And, also, it should be noted that not everyone can use their intuition in the same way. I have friends who can identify "Otherkin" and the like either intuitively or through energetics. I myself am largely unable to do so, though I have managed it once or twice. Some people are able to make uncannily accurate guesses about  the immediate future, or can discern the truth behind what someone is saying when they themselves are reluctant to vocalize it, etc. The possibilities are theoretically endless.

2 comments:

  1. I am a skeptic and I feel it gets in the way of my intuition. Somehow these sides of my perception must co-exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know if youre legit or a fluffy bunny

    ReplyDelete